This is our top 10 craft breweries in New York city. We are not going to bore our beloved readers with the history and fancy descriptions. This time, we go straight to the point recommending 2 beer specialities per brewery.
Evil Twin Brewing
His excellent brewmaster makes some unique and distinctive beers. They produce limited-edition as well as a series of seasonal beers. Some of them are available internationally.
- The Cowboy: Smoked Pilsner
- Molotov Cocktail: Imperial IPA
- [Extra!] Double Barrel Jesus: American Double / Imperial Stout
Address: 462A Quincy St, Brooklyn, New York, 11221, United States *. Web
* Unfortunately they do not have a brewery in NYC yet. At present, they do contract brewing and the address above it’s from their office. However; they are building a brewery in Brooklyn opening in spring 2017.
Grimm Artisanal Ales
High-quality beers made of exotic hops.
- Magnetic Compass: Oats brewed American IPA
- Cube Cuvee #1: Blended barrel aged sour American Ale
Address: PO Box 150472, Brooklyn, New York, 11215, United States. Web
Other Half Brewing Co.
Industrial location, not too easy to find. Very cool tasting room.
- In Absentia Luci: Rum barrel aged Imperial Stout
- Mosaic: American IPA
Address: 195 Centre St, Brooklyn, NY 11231, United States. Web
Well known brewery, with an iconic label and excellent marketing.
- Black Ops: Bourbon barrel aged Russian Imperial Stout
- Improved Old Fashioned: Rye Beer
Address: 79 N 11th St, New York, NY 11249, United States. Web
Decent variety of beers with original flavours. They offer live music, tours and outdoor seating.
- Eric Barrel Aged More Cowbell: Milk / Sweet Stout
- Brett Jån Olympic White Ale: American Wild Ale
Address:19-33 37th St, New York, NY 11105, United States. Web
Alphabet City Brewing Co.
Cosy atmosphere. Good tap selection, and also bottles and growler fills to go.
- E’Ville Brown Ale: English Brown Ale
- Alpha Male: American IPA
Address: 96 Avenue C, New York, NY 10009, United States. Web
Bridge and Tunnel Brewery
Small place with friendly staff. Generous samples. Great aromas and flavours.
- Twenty Spot And A Switchblade: Cream Ale
- 1642 Mespeatches Ale Honey/Spruce: American Pale / Wheat Ale
Address: 15-35 Decatur St, Queens, NY 11385, United States. Web
Indoor and outdoor tasting room. Friendly staff and chill atmosphere. Their speciality is farmhouse ales and they offer free tasting of three beers.
- F3 Brett Farmhouse Ale
- B2 Imperial Stout aged in Brandy Barrels
- G2 Belgian Golden Ale
Address: 141 Flushing Ave building 77, Brooklyn, NY 11205, United States. Web
Fine craft ales.
- Bengali: Juice American IPA
- Get Safe:Saison / Farmhouse Ale
Address: 40 Van Dyke St, Brooklyn, NY 11231, United States. Web
LIC Beer Project
Solid selection of craft beers, with some original and tasty IPAs. Large standing room and some tables as well.
- Higher Burning IPA
- Pile of Crowns IIPA
- Other Half Drop a Gem Double IPA
Address: 39-28 23rd St, Queens, NY 11101, United States. Web
It is also an Italian restaurant, with a scenic rooftop and house-brewed ales.
- Gina: Thyme American Pale Ale (APA)
- Eataly Brown: American Brown Ale
Address: 200 5th Ave, Rooftop, New York City, United States. Web
Flagship Brewing Company
Great taproom and variety of beer. They offer tours and samples.
- American Wit: Witbier
- Dark Mild: English Dark Mild Ale
Address: 40 Minthorne St, Staten Island, New York 10301, United States. Web
2 thoughts on “Best Craft Breweries in New York City”
so three out of the ten breweries are not actually located in NYC? Could have included Transmitter, LIC Beer Project as they are actually producing product within city limits.
Hi JP, thanks you for your recommendations. We are planning to write an additional post with more information.