This is our top 10 craft breweries in New York city. We are not going to bore our beloved readers with the history and fancy descriptions. This time, we go straight to the point recommending 2 beer specialities per brewery.
10. Flagship Brewing Company
Great taproom and variety of beer. They offer tours and samples.
- American Wit: Witbier
- Dark Mild: English Dark Mild Ale
Address: 40 Minthorne St, Staten Island, New York 10301, United States. Web
It is also an Italian restaurant, with a scenic rooftop and house-brewed ales.
- Gina: Thyme American Pale Ale (APA)
- Eataly Brown: American Brown Ale
Address: 200 5th Ave, Rooftop, New York City, United States. Web
8. Bridge and Tunnel Brewery
Small place with friendly staff. Generous samples. Great aromas and flavours.
- Twenty Spot And A Switchblade: Cream Ale
- 1642 Mespeatches Ale Honey/Spruce: American Pale / Wheat Ale
Address: 15-35 Decatur St, Queens, NY 11385, United States. Web
7. Sixpoint Brewery
Fine craft ales.
- Bengali: Juice American IPA
- Get Safe:Saison / Farmhouse Ale
Address: 40 Van Dyke St, Brooklyn, NY 11231, United States. Web
6. Alphabet City Brewing Co.
Cosy atmosphere. Good tap selection, and also bottles and growler fills to go.
- E’Ville Brown Ale: English Brown Ale
- Alpha Male: American IPA
Address: 96 Avenue C, New York, NY 10009, United States. Web
5. SingleCut Beersmiths
Decent variety of beers with original flavours. They offer live music, tours and outdoor seating.
- Eric Barrel Aged More Cowbell: Milk / Sweet Stout
- Brett Jån Olympic White Ale: American Wild Ale
Address:19-33 37th St, New York, NY 11105, United States. Web
4. Brooklyn Brewing
Well known brewery, with an iconic label and excellent marketing.
- Black Ops: Bourbon barrel aged Russian Imperial Stout
- Improved Old Fashioned: Rye Beer
Address: 79 N 11th St, New York, NY 11249, United States. Web
3. Other Half Brewing Co.
Industrial location, not too easy to find. Very cool tasting room.
- In Absentia Luci: Rum barrel aged Imperial Stout
- Mosaic: American IPA
Address: 195 Centre St, Brooklyn, NY 11231, United States. Web
2. Grimm Artisanal Ales
High-quality beers made of exotic hops.
- Magnetic Compass: Oats brewed American IPA
- Cube Cuvee #1: Blended barrel aged sour American Ale
Address: PO Box 150472, Brooklyn, New York, 11215, United States. Web
1. Evil Twin Brewing
His excellent brewmaster makes some unique and distinctive beers. They produce limited-edition as well as a series of seasonal beers. Some of them are available internationally.
- The Cowboy: Smoked Pilsner
- Molotov Cocktail: Imperial IPA
- [Extra!] Double Barrel Jesus: American Double / Imperial Stout
Address: 462A Quincy St, Brooklyn, New York, 11221, United States *. Web
* Unfortunately they do not have a brewery in NYC yet. At present, they do contract brewing and the address above it’s from their office. However; they are building a brewery in Brooklyn opening in spring 2017.